The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) is the largest electrical union in the world. The IBEW represents workers' rights in all areas of electrical and telecommunication industries.
The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) represents union electrical contractors, who garantee their installations, who perform quality work on time and on budget, and who take a special interest in their employees.
To provide the highly skilled workforce necessary to meet customer needs and ensure job satisfaction for electrical workers, the IBEW and NECA teamed up to sponsor the most rigorous and respected apprenticeship training programs.
Established in 1941, the National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (NJATC) has developed uniform standards that are used nationwide to train thousands of qualified men and women for demanding and rewarding careers in the electrical industries.
In Chattanooga, through the combined efforts of the IBEW Local 175 and the local NECA chapter, we can provide this nationally recognized education to you which will lead you to a lasting and fufilling career. We currently offer the five (5) year Journeyman Wireman Apprenticeship.
1. Check to see if you are Qualified.
2. Stop by the office to fill out an application. We accept applications Monday-Friday 8:00AM-11:00AM and 1:00PM-4:00PM. You will need to bring with you:
3. Take the aptitude test. **You must make a qualifying score of a '4' to be considered for the interview round.
4. Complete an oral interview with the committee of the school.
5. Wait to see if you have been accepted! ** All applicants will be informed by mail in the month of May whether or not they have made it into the school.
**Application Period is from July 3, 2017 to December 29, 2017**
Chattanooga Electrical Apprenticeship is registered with the Department of Labor and Board of Apprenticeship Training (BAT); and therefore fall under the guidelines and regulations of the agency.
8:00 AM- 5:00 PM